2018 Duffy Summer Intensives
Time & Location
About The Event
Intensives are challenging, specialized classes to improve strength and stamina. Intensives are an incredible way to introduce or improve Irish dance technique and material at an accelerated rate. The boot camp of Irish dance.
Intensives are Monday -Thursday (4 days) for 2 hours per day.
The first intensive will be 3:30-5:30PM and the second intensive will be 5:30-7:30PM.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Can I come to a portion of an intensive if I can't make the whole thing?
If you will miss the first or second day, it is not recommended that you attend that intensive. Intensives are challenging and move at a set pace. Each day builds on the previous day's skill set.
- What should I bring to an intensive?
Shoes and appropriate dance wear are required as always. There will be short breaks where we will encourage students to drink water and have a light snack, so please pack accordingly.
- I already know (insert dance), should I still attend that intensive?
Students are encouraged to attend intensives even if they believe they are familiar with the material. It will improve their understanding, technique, and timing.
- Can I sign up for two intensives in one day?
This is not encouraged - intensives are hard work and purposely separated to focus on material. Exceptions include the "bring a friend" weeks where students may wish to participate in the second set of material.
- 8/20-8/23: Soft Shoe Technique$80$800$0
- 8/20-8/24: Advanced Set - King$80$800$0
- 8/27-8/30: Team Try Outs$60$600$0