2020 Duffy Summer Camps & Intensives!!
Time & Location
About The Event
We LOVE and live for intensives!!! If we could run them all year long we would!!
Intensives are challenging, specialized classes to improve strength and stamina. Intensives are an incredible way to introduce or improve Irish dance technique and material at an accelerated rate. The bootcamp of Irish dance.
Intensives are Monday -Thursday (4 days) for 2 hours per day.
The first intensive will be 1-3PM, the second intesive will be 3-5PM and the third intensive will be 5-7PM.
July 20 to July 23:
1 - 3 PM - Slip Jig Choreography
3 - 5 PM - Hornpipe Choreography
5 - 7 PM - 3 Sea Captains Set Dance
July 27 to July 30:
1 - 3 PM - Beginner Bootcamp 1
3 - 5 PM - Advanced Beginner/Novice Bootcamp 1
5 - 7 PM - Advanced Bootcamp 1
August 3 to August 6:
*Following 'THE MOTHA DUFFER!' Camp hours will be a separate two hour intensive
3 - 5 PM
Advanced Bootcamp 2
(MOTHA DUFFER Dancers...if they think they can live through camp hours...must sign up separately to attend)
August 17 to August 20:
3 - 5 PM - Intro to Irish
(Refer a new student? They register for the fall semester? YOU EARN $30 PER REFERRAL!! Refer more students than your tuition? You take for free AND I start cutting you checks!!)
5 - 7 PM - Duffy Youth Team Tryouts!!!
*We can only select 8 team dancers. The whole school wish all our Team eligible competitors the best of luck! Practice hard and put your best work out there!! YOU GOT THIS!!
We are SO very excited to bring you this year's Summer Dance Camps!! Conditioning, stepping and crafty fun adventures await you!!
'THE MOTHA DUFFER!' Camp
August 3 to August 7:
9AM - 3PM
In honor of May Duffy, the toughest bird we know and founder of The Duffy Academy, we are offering the ultimate....bootiest Bootcamp there EVER was… We call it... ‘THE MOTHA DUFFER’!!! This will be the most intense camp we have ever offered. Think of an intensive...all day long. This camp is ONLY available for more advanced dancers AND the very brave. Who is coming with me?!!
*Following this camp hours will be a separate two hour intensive
3 - 5 PM
Advanced Bootcamp 2
(Dancers...if they think they can live through camp hours...must sign up separately to attend)
Duffy The Lion Day Camp
August 10 to August 14:
9AM - 3PM
We will offer an all day dance camp (ages 7+) with the long awaited much anticipated making of Duffy, the most adorable (and subtly fierce) stuffed animal lion ever!!! Fun fitness, dance conditioning, technique and steps AND some wicked cute crafting!! We can't wait to make our own to keep!!
Dancers must have some experience and be 7 years of age or older! There will be levels from Youth 1 to our Master class dancers! Camps will offer dance strength and form conditioning, performance nuances, crafts, games, camaraderie building and so much more!! You/your dancer is sure to leave happy and probably very tired!!
Camp is 9AM to 3PM. Dancers must come with water, lunch and a snack (maybe 2). Due to COVID we will not be offering early drop-offs or late pick-ups to allow proper cleaning and prep time.
Hope you join us for this dancing, creative and crafty fun time! WE CAN'T WAIT!!!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Can I come to a portion of an intensive/camp if I can't make the whole thing?
If you will miss the first or second day, it is not recommended that you attend that intensive. Intensives are challenging and move at a set pace. Each day builds on the previous day's skill set. Dancers may miss a day of camp, but we are unable to pro-rate for missed days and may result in a student's frustration over missed material or craft instruction.
- What should I bring to an intensive/camp?
Shoes and appropriate dance wear are required as always. There will be short breaks where we will encourage students to drink water and have a light snack, so please pack accordingly. For camp students please bring a lunch (possibly a 2nd snack), back-up clothes for optional water play...or sweat lol, and a towel.
- I already know (insert dance), should I still attend that intensive?
Students are encouraged to attend intensives even if they believe they are familiar with the material. It will improve their understanding, technique, and timing. Much like other sports, it is one thing to "know" something, it is another to "master" it.
- Can I sign up for two intensives in one day?
Yes, but it is not typically encouraged - intensives are hard work and purposely separated to focus on material. Exceptions include obtaining the teacher's permission or if the student is physically conditioned to handle strenuous exercise for more than 4 hours.
*Dance camps and intensives require a minimum of 6 participants.
- 7/20-7/23: Slip Jig Choreo$100$1000$0
- 7/20-7/23: Hornpipe Choreo$100$1000$0
- 7/20-7/23: 3Sea Captain's Set$100$1000$0
- 7/27-7/30: Beginner Bootcamp 1$100$1000$0
- 7/27-7/30: Adv Beg/Novice Boot$100$1000$0
- 7/27-7/30: AdvCOMBO Bootcamp 1$100$1000$0
- 8/3-8/7: THE MOTHA DUFFER CAMP$300$3000$0
- 8/10-8/14: Adv Beg/Nov Boot2$100$1000$0
- 8/10-8/14: Adv COMBO Boot 2$100$1000$0
- 8/17-8/20: Team Try Outs!!$100$1000$0
- WAIT LIST for ANY class!!$0$00$0
- 7/20-7/23: Slip Jig ZOOM$80$800$0
- 7/20-7/23: Hornpipe ZOOM$80$800$0
- 7/20-7/23: 3Sea ZOOM$80$800$0
- 7/27-7/30: Beginner BootZOOM$80$800$0
- 7/27-7/30: Adv Beg/Nov ZOOM$80$800$0
- 7/27-7/30: AdvCOMBO ZOOM$80$800$0
- 8/10-8/14: Adv Beg/Nov ZOOM$80$800$0
- 8/10-8/14: Adv COMBO 2 ZOOM$80$800$0
- 8/17-8/20:Intro2Irish ZOOM$80$800$0
- Sold OutPRIVATE LESSON 8/10 @1PM$50$500$0
- Sold OutPRIVATE LESSON 8/10 @2PM$50$500$0
- Sold OutPRIVATE LESSON 8/11 @1PM$50$500$0
- Sold OutPRIVATE LESSON 8/11 @2PM$50$500$0
- Sold OutPRIVATE LESSON 8/12 @1PM$50$500$0
- Sold OutPRIVATE LESSON 8/12 @2PM$50$500$0
- Sold OutPRIVATE LESSON 8/13 @1PM$50$500$0
- Sold OutPRIVATE LESSON 8/13 @2PM$50$500$0
- Sold OutPRIVATE LESSON 8/14 @1PM$50$500$0
- Sold OutPRIVATE LESSON 8/14 @2PM$50$500$0